Tuesday, May 12, 2015

2 Salvos get 5 Stars from 1 Top 50 Amazon Reviewer


Doug Erlandson is a Top 50 Reviewer in Amazon's pantheon of Top 100 Customer Reviewers (he's currently #45), a writer, taught philosophy at the University of Nebraska (my home state) after having earned his doctorate from Johns Hopkins University. He self-identifies as a former anarchosyndicalist and currently as a "radical decentralist."

  Doug Erlandson Amazon Reviewer photo, bookended by Salvo1 and Salvo2


When I first approached Doug Erlandson about taking a break from his normal heavy philosophizing to review my Selected Salvos 2 book he responded with "I am sympathetic to libertarianism, so I'm sure I'll find these essays interesting" and when I mentioned my first book he said, "I'm sure I'll also enjoy Selected Salvos 1."

That meant two reviews for the price of none!

For Selected Salvos 1, under the heading "Good primer on what libertarianism is" he begins with: "This is a fun book to read" and describes it as "lighthearted, humorous, occasionally self-deprecating, and now and then acerbic."

Read his entire review here along with one other Five Star review.

His Review of Salvos 2 is titled "Thoughtful libertarian fare" and makes the point that "If you have libertarian leanings you'll love what Mr. Reed has to say. If you don't, you probably won't read this book (even though you should)" and then concludes with "I highly recommend Volume 2 of 'Selected Salvos,' just as I did Volume 1."

This entire review is here along with another pair of 5-star reviews.

Amazon Top 50 Reviewer, taught philosophy in my home state, is libertarian minded and gave me ten stars for two books. Thanks Doug Erlandson!

Read the books yourself, enjoy them, and write your own reviews:

Selected Salvos 2 is available in Paperback / ePub / iTunes / Kindle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment